Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

28.2-Welcome to the third trimester


Well, still pregnant and actually looking pregnant!! After loosing 7.5 lbs. of water I almost didn't look pregnant anymore. Now six weeks later I look like there is a baby in there after all!!!

I have been having contractions both in my back and in the front, and a lot of aches and pains, sometime longer monitoring because baby boy's heart rate drops. I am just tired. I like to lay most of the day, it feels the best on my body. I feel and find strength in the Lord, but feel physically weak.

 BUT I have been finding great comfort in this verse from Isaiah 30:18 (from the message version) "But God's not finished. He's waiting around to be gracious to you. He's gathering strength to show mercy to you. God takes the time to do everything right- EVERYTHING. Those who wait around for him are the lucky ones." I don't know how I feel about the word lucky being in there, but...

My mom is here and has been a HUGE help. She is leaving on Saturday if nothing happens before then, and then will come back when labor happens.

I have been here six weeks and wish for six more! That would take me all the way to 34 weeks!

Specific Prayer Requests:
1. Find relief physically for my aching body( losing muscle from laying so long, my back, normal aches and pains of pregnancy plus added aches and pains from there being no fluid in there with a growing baby).

2. Steady and healthy heart rate for baby boy. (I learned that now he is 28 weeks, Wharton's Jelly has formed around the umbilical cord for protection. This jelly makes it harder for him to squish his cord, resulting in fewer dips).

3. Appropriate growth and maturation for baby boy's lungs, brain and pulmonary system.

4.  That we could make it to 34 weeks.

5.  Emotional stability for Mason.

6. Baby is still breech. It would be nice for him to turn; however we believe that his position is keeping those contractions from becoming labor inducing ones. So maybe, if I can get picky, that he will turn when it is time to labor.

Love from room 609!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment